Beaufort County Environmental Health is a part of the Beaufort County Public Health Department and it seeks to better the quality of life for Beaufort County people through opportunities for improved health and welfare, and quality customer service.
What We Do
- Responsible for activities associated with subsurface waste water collection, treatment, and disposal.
- Ensure food safety and sanitation in permitted establishments.
- Ensure drinking water is safe through making sure private drinking water wells are constructed properly.
- Eliminate lead hazards and reduce the number of lead-poisoned children in Beaufort County.
- Permit and inspect all public swimming pools in the County, as mandated by the State.
- Permit and inspect tattoo artist to ensure tattooing is conducted in a safe manner and that the State laws and rules are enforced regarding sanitation issues.
- Enforce state laws and rules addressing sanitation and safety in child care establishments within Beaufort County.
- Surveillance and control of mosquito populations within Beaufort County.
- Enforcement of smoking ban in restaurants and bars.