I have found a leak. Can my bill be reduced?

One adjustment is allowed in a 36-month period. The Beaufort County Water Department must be notified of the leak before the due date of the bill that reflects the leak.

Provide the Water Department with information regarding the repair of the leak. We need a description of the leak including location and the date it was repaired. Once your usage returns to normal, up to two months of bills may be adjusted. You will still be responsible for a portion of the cost of water based on the average of your past bills. You may present the above listed information in person at the Water Department office or mail information to:
132 W 2nd Street
Washington, NC 27889

Show All Answers

1. My water usage is high. What should I do?
2. I have found a leak. Who is responsible to repair it?
3. I have found a leak. Can my bill be reduced?